Friday, July 26, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday - Bookshelves

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! This is a blog hop that allows bloggers to gain new followers and find some awesome new blogs to follow themselves!

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host has a blog that they feature each week!

So, if you're a blogger, come join in on the fun!

Here's today's question -

Q: What do you do with your books after you’re done reading them?

When I was a teenager, I had tons of books on my bookshelf.  So many that I really didn't know what to do with them all, so I finally decided that I had to get rid of most of them.  

So, as an adult, I actually tried not to hang on to my books - I usually got them from the library (I felt like spending money on books was splurging).  The few that I did own, I would trade on Paperbackswap after I finished reading them. (check out this link if you haven't heard of Paperbackswap Join the Club and Swap Books for Free! - PaperBackSwap.com). 

Now that I'm blogging, I've started to collect more books again. They're on the bookshelf (or in my Kindle!).  

Ironically, my kids' bookshelves are stuffed to overflowing with books (even after we bought them more bookshelves!).  Whereas I couldn't justify spending money on books for myself, I have never had that qualm about spending money on books for my kids - fostering a love of reading is worth all the money in the world!  :-)


Follow on Bloglovin 

I'd love it if you could follow me via BlogLovin', Networked Blogs, email or RSS, just in case GFC disappears for good! Links are all to the right.