Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Random Read - Cold Steel (The Spiritwalker Trilogy #3) by Kate Elliott

It's time for my September Random Read (a fun meme hosted by I'm Loving Books). The idea is to pick one random book out of your Goodreads To-Read list (using Random.org) to read within the month.  

As I mention every month, I am in love with this meme!  This is such a great way to make sure that I actually read some of those books that have been in my TBR list for eons.  

Last month's random pick was Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder - I was on top of things last month and managed to read my August Random Read relatively early in the month!  I really enjoyed the book! (Click on the link to read my review.) Yay, Random.org!


Random Reads Meme – Hosted by ImLovingBooks.com



And this month's winner is...








Cold Steel (The Spiritwalker Trilogy, #3)#171 - Cold Steel by Kate Elliott

Synopsis:
Trouble, treachery, and magic just won't stop plaguing Cat Barahal. The Master of the Wild Hunt has stolen her husband Andevai. The ruler of the Taino kingdom blames her for his mother's murder. The infamous General Camjiata insists she join his army to help defeat the cold mages who rule Europa. An enraged fire mage wants to kill her. And Cat, her cousin Bee, and her half-brother Rory, aren't even back in Europa yet, where revolution is burning up the streets.

Revolutions to plot. Enemies to crush. Handsome men to rescue.

Cat and Bee have their work cut out for them.



This is a great Random Read choice because it's the last book in a trilogy (and I already read the first two).  The book came out at the end of June, but I hadn't gotten around to reading it yet.  This is the prefect incentive to finish the series up!  The series is steampunk fantasy and I enjoyed the first book and really enjoyed the second book.  I'm hoping that this last book in the trilogy finishes it up strong!  I'll let you know!